Weight issues discussed…
Sleep! That one problem are more and more people are battling with even children. I was a real problem child in this regard and honestly can witness to many a night of complete lack of sleep. And I know I prayed the price as regards weight and all other health issues on just this one issue!
One of the most important things you can do for not only your weight, but for general health and wellbeing, is to get in enough sleep – on average 8 hours in darkness, every night.
Lack of sleep causes weight gain and obesity. It’s that simple! Lack of sleep makes you feel hungry, tired and less motivated to eat well and to exercise. It’s a vicious circle; you put on the weight and feel even less energised, eat badly and or then sleep unwell as well!!
Sleep and your Stress Levels
Your cortisol levels can also not decrease if you don’t get enough sleep. So too if you are stressed you cannot sleep! Once again a vicious circle awaiting a problem be it weight issues and or health issues.
It is NEVER drugs! The only good that comes out of this pattern is co-dependence and or really bad sleeping behaviours that are really bad to break. If you struggle to sleep, consider using a good quality organic magnesium supplement. Magnesium not only is good for sleeping but assist in crucial bodily functions that in effect affect your health and or weight.
The Imsyser Magnesium Choice
Magnesium Chloride; Calcium; Potassium; Sodium; Trace Minerals. A super absorbent, instant result supply of magnesium crystals that ensure good sleeping and a healthy source of minerals are ensured.
What else to do??
Some sleep tips:
- Sleep in complete darkness, this allows for melatonin (the rest & recovery hormone) to increase and leads to restful sleep
- Relax before you go to bed, stay away from technology. Read, stretch or do relaxation training before going to bed.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine (black tea, coffee); no stimulants
- Switch off electronics
- Go to bed at a decent hour and read till droopy and then sleep; no TV no PHONE!!
- Less water at night
- No late-night exercise and or training
- Meditate or prayer
- Optimising melatonin levels with improved gut health:
Simple tricks but effective ensuring a good night’s rest! Call the Imsyser team for more on any of our products that may assist you in this regard.