Sharing “This Food Additive Is Giving You High Blood Pressure….
….If you go to the doctor and your blood pressure is high, two things are likely to happen.
- your physician will tell you to cut down on salt.
- Or you’ll be handed a prescription for a hypertension drug.
New studies have found that a common food additive may be the hidden culprit causing your high blood pressure.
Phosphate compounds are added to processed foods for a variety of reasons.
- They help baked goods rise.
- They add flavour to soda.
- They make French fries a more appealing colour.
- They act as emulsifiers in canned soups to keep them from separating.
Researchers at the University of Basal in Switzerland looked at the effect of phosphates on blood pressure and the researchers concluded: “Increased phosphate intake significantly increases systolic and diastolic blood pressure and pulse rate.” The study was published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephology.
How Phosphates Sneak into Your Diet
Your body does need some phosphates. They contain the mineral phosphorus. This helps build strong bones and teeth. It also keeps your kidneys working properly, and helps cell function.
The recommended daily allowance of phosphorus is 700 mg.
This amount won’t affect your blood pressure.
The problem is that almost one third of us get twice that level. It sneaks into our diet without us even realizing it.
11 Foods That Raise Your Blood Pressure
Here are foods that typically contain phosphate additives:
- Processed meats
- Baked goods
- Frozen foods
- Breakfast cereals and bars
- Processed cheeses
- Canned goods
- Fast foods
- Iced tea mixes
- Non-dairy creamers
- Bottled coffee beverages
Your best defence?
- The best thing you can do is buy fresh, organic meats, fruits and vegetables. You’ll avoid phosphate additives altogether.
- Check the labels on foods you buy. Phosphates are often labelled with the words “phosphor” or “phosphoric acid.”
- Check your supplements; wholefood organic is best!!
Call 086 010 3859 or simply click here:
for your best natural solution to wholefood supplementation void of additives etc…..