Sharing this bit of information.
Just because we live in sunny SA is not always a guarantee we get enough healthy sunshine/vit. D in, especially the work force driven indoors with highly air-conditioned offices….the essential Vitamin you are almost certainly lacking….
50% of the world’s population are, are you one of these. If you are look at these statistics from the US and Canada alone, the scary statistics are as follows:
– 50,000 cases of breast cancer a year
– 50,000 cases of colon cancer
Over 75% of deaths from cancer can be prevented! The study that highlighted the numbers above, suggests that by raising our levels of this vitamin we could prevent 3 out of 4 cancer cases.
This is how you can tell if you are lacking in this vitamin:
- catch flu often
- often feel sad or depressed
- have bone pain and tiredness
- have muscle weakness
- suffer from stomach sensitivity, cramps or IBS
- are overweight
- have dark skin
If you are short of this vitamin, it can damage your health in many ways, some of which include:
- heart disease: a study found a 68% reduction in heart attacks and strokes with proper levels
- diabetes – a 91% greater risk of developing insulin resistance with low levels
- blood pressure –can rise to abnormal levels
- auto immune diseases – increases risks of developing disease that affects joints, skin, brain and kidneys (Chron’s disease, Lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- mental illness – including depression, SAD and possibly even Alzheimer’s disease
Here is a quick tester: Point your index finger at the centre of your breast. Then press hard on your breastbone. If the pressure hurts, it is quite likely that you are deficient.
Many studies show that 400 IU of vitamin D daily is not always enough to make a difference to your health. 400IU may be a subclinical dose, which in medical term means that it is too low to produce a measurable result. Ask your health care advisor what he would prescribe or take minimum dosage for a couple of weeks and increase till noticeable improvements are reached. Please note that is also a very good skin application spray available for easy use especially on children.
Imsyser is a team dedicated to educate and help heal health issues with dedicated advice or help where we can. Call 086 010 3859 for more on our product range or for referrals to dedicated specialists where necessary.