Candida overgrowth leads to digestive problems
Candida is typically not life-threatening, but if left untreated, it can spread and eventually reach the bloodstream. Once the fungus is circulating throughout the body, it can affect vital organs like the brain across the Blood Brain Barrier ( see our previous blog on this ) and heart and cause more serious complications, including death. An imbalance like Candida overgrowth leads to digestive problems, weakened Immunity, low energy levels, frequent yeast infections, and open the door potentially too some Cancers.
Candida albicans has however begun to develop resistance against prescription antifungal treatments and many of our clients complain of the negative side effects that many of these drugs result in. At Imsyser we have found that for most just taking the Imsyser 12 strain Probiotic is enough over time too manage Candida. In chronic cases I always tell the client too up the daily dose too super doses of 2-3 times normal amount for a 1 – 3 month’ period depending on the severity of the condition. And I have seen literally miraculous results in this:
Dietary changes are crucial too this successful change as is all the healthy changes we would normally adhere too when making healthy life changes. Here are the top antifungal supplements to consider when fighting Candida. In chronic cases I will even suggest using the Imsyser parasite cleanse which also acts as an anti-fungal agent that is sprayed into the mouth managing Candida very effectively in combination with the Imsyser liquid Probiotic (remember just not too take at exactly the same time:
Foods & Supplements assisting in managing Candida
1. COCONUT OIL (CAPRYLIC & LAURIC ACID) – is renowned for its ability to kill Candida cells, and also for restoring normal acidity levels in the gut. Taking caprylic acid during your treatment can get your intestinal tract back in shape and help to prevent Candida colonies from growing again by interfering with the cell walls of the Candida yeast. Its short chain length means it can penetrate the cell wall of the yeast. It then inhibits the growth of the yeast by incorporating itself into the cell membrane and causing it to rupture. This effectively destroys the yeast cell and can even prevent it from returning.
2. CASTOR OIL (UNDECYLENIC ACID) – a unsaturated fatty acid derived from castor oil is a powerful antifungal agent by inhibiting the hyphal growth of Candida albicans and biofilm formation that can help with stubborn Candida-related infections such as athletes’ foot and intestinal Candida overgrowth. Some studies have even shown that undecylenic acid is around six times more effective than caprylic acid!
3. OREGANO LEAF EXTRACT – studies have shown oregano oil’s ability to fight Candida infections by inhibiting the growth of Candida albicans and prevent it from returning. Oregano oil contains two naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, carvacrol and thymol. These agents work to fight Candida overgrowth by reacting with the water in your bloodstream, which effectively dehydrates and kills Candida yeast cells. Other studies report that each of oregano extract’s major components has potent antifungal activity. This includes terpenoid phenols carvacrol, thymol, and eugenol. These powerful terpenoid phenols are effective in not only killing planktonic cells but also the biofilms of Candida albicans that are resistant to many pharmaceutical antifungal drugs. Of these, carvacrol appears to be the strongest; studies show it continues to be effective regardless of the maturity of the biofilm.
4. BARBERRY – BERBERINE is the active ingredient in barberry, Oregon grape and goldenseal. It has been demonstrated to have a host of powerful therapeutic actions as an antimicrobial agent. Berberine has also shown antifungal action against yeast and fungal infections such as Candida overgrowth. One of Berberine’s most important actions is its ability to prevent the spread of yeast and fungal organisms that are resistant to drugs.
A 2016 study found that berberine has antifungal activity against several types of yeast, including fluconazole-resistant Candida. When researchers treated fluconazole-resistant resistant samples with berberine, it killed off the yeast cells by breaking down its plasma and mitochondrial membranes. Berberine can also be used alongside fluconazole to enhance its overall antifungal activity. Another way in which berberine works is by activating an enzyme within our body cells called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). This enzyme regulates metabolism and has a major influence on our immune system and how our body fights disease.
Berberine can also be used as an Immune stimulant in treating colds and flu, as well as speeding recovery from infection. Its ability to activate macrophages (white blood cells) has been shown to enhance the body’s overall defence system, allowing it to fight not only Candida infection but other invading pathogens.
5. BETAINE HCL – Betaine hydrochloride supplements are often used by people who have low stomach acid (hypochlorhydria). Hydrochloric acid serves many functions. It’s the main digestive juice involved in breaking down proteins so that the body can absorb amino acids properly especially as you age. It also acts as a protective barrier in your stomach and a crucial part of your immune system, killing off any potentially harmful micro-organisms that may be present in the food you eat. When the body isn’t producing enough hydrochloric acid, Candida has a better chance of growing and spreading throughout the gastrointestinal tract.
Betaine HCl also has an important role to play in antifungal formulations. Other antifungals like undecylenic acid require an acidic environment (which is naturally found in a healthy gut) to maximize their antifungal activity. Pairing your undecylenic acid with Betaine HCl will provide it with the optimal environment to fight yeasts and fungi like Candida. Without adequate HCl, your liver and gall bladder will not be able to function effectively and your digestion will also suffer. Over time, this can lead to nutritional losses of fats, fat-soluble vitamins and proteins that are necessary for proper immune function.
6. N-ACETYL-L-CYSTEINE (NAC) – is a supplement form of cysteine, a semi-essential amino acid. NAC is a particularly powerful antifungal treatment that can break down Candida biofilms. Yeasts like Candida albicans are protected by a type of shield known as a biofilm. This biofilm makes it even more difficult to kill off yeast, as antifungals often cannot get through it. Although many herbal antifungals such as oregano oil, black walnut, garlic and berberine can be helpful in treating Candida; these alone aren’t enough to kill it completely. In order for antifungals to do their work properly, they can be paired with a biofilm disruptor – such as NAC.
NAC is also effective in treating numerous bacterial infections, especially those of the upper respiratory tract. In fact, its efficacy in eradicating the biofilm in bronchitis-causing bacteria is what led researchers to test NAC on Candida patients. NAC was found to reduce biofilm mass when used on its own but was even more powerful when used in combination with ketoconazole combinations. It also appeared to inhibit Candida albicans growth and prevent it from spreading. Where NAC seems too be one of the preferred choices in brain food supplements it remains a healthy choice considering the fact that Candida can spread into the brain and potentially can kill from this source!!
7. GARLIC EXTRACT – may be used as an antifungal. Ajoene, is an organosulfur compound that has been shown to kill off a variety of fungal infections. Ajoene is formed from a compound named allicin and an enzyme named alliinase. When garlic is chopped or crushed, allicin and alliinase come together to form the powerful antimicrobial agent ajoene. Ajoene works by disrupting the cell walls of the Candida yeast cells and thus preventing them from functioning properly.
8. OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT – Olive leaf extract is derived from the dark green olive leaves and contains an active ingredient named oleuropein. Oleuropein is antimicrobial, antifungal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-atherogenic and antiviral – and appears to contain almost double the antioxidant capacity of green tea, Vitamins C and E, and grape seed extract. A 2015 study on fresh olive leaf extract showed that it exhibited antifungal activity against Candida yeast. Oleuropein was able to inhibit Candida from growing.
Always keeping a healthy pH in the body and keeping the body in its healthiest Immune-rich state is your very best protection against any invasion of any pathogen, viruse, bacteria, parasite or fungus. Your Immunity knows best but somes time we need a little help from the outside in. At Imsyser we have some products too assist you best and further more Mother Nature is always best. Simply call 086 010 3859 or click here: