The Importance of Gut Homeostasis.
The inside of the gut consist of billions micro-organisms, an estimated 400 species, an adult human being has approximately 1,5 kg of living organism in their gut. This forms part of the external equilibrium of the body, they do not form part of the inside / internal functioning of the body, but have a great influence on the internal health of the body. There must be equilibrium between the different organisms and this we call Gut Ecology. Gut ecology is the balance between human friendly bacteria (probiotic bacteria) and harmful bacteria, fungus’s and parasites.
What disturbs the balance?
- Cortisol (produced by stress)
- pH/ acidity anywhere in the bowel will change the nature of the habitat for bacteria
- Psychological stress increases the acidity of the bowel and then Cortisol, the stress hormone, produced as a result of this.
- Anaesthesia associated with an operation ( stress)
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of good Nutrition
- Poor Immunity
- Drugs & Medication……and the list goes on….
Some of this we might change like doing a regular detox ( see the IMSYSER range at www.imsyser.co.za) others we need to actively work on but in most cases prevention is a really good start. So how do we do this?:
Good Bacteria! Benefits of the Probiotic bacteria:
- They manufacture B-vitamins, such as biotin, niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6) and folic acid;
- They provide the enzyme lactase that promotes the digestion of milk;
- Enhancing the digestion of proteins, which is the building block of the body, by which children are growing and adults are recovering with;
- Act as an anti-carcinogenic (anti-cancer) factors, with powerful anti-tumour potentials.
- They control the spread of undesirable micro-organisms by producing their own “antibiotics” that effectively kills harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi like Candida.
- They assist in bowel movement (peristalsis) to prevent constipation and spastic colon;
- They help in controlling high cholesterol levels;
- Sometimes they help to relieve symptoms of anxiety by assisting in digestion and relieving good nutrition
- They have been shown to control facial acne in 80% of teenagers with this problem;
- They play a vital role in the development of a healthy digestive tract in babies;
- They play a role in protecting against the negative effects of radiation and are essential in cancer treatment;
- They are the first line of defence in the body and play a large role in Immunity.
- They are very effective in the treatment of food allergies, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, and many other bowel problems.
- Weight loss is assisted
- Good digestion is promoted thereby making it essential for good health
- Oral health is facilitated and more…..
The Imsyser team cannot over emphasize the importance of the need of a daily supplement of good bacteria ESPECIALLY if your diet lacks good nutrition in the form of whole plants. Call Liza for more on the IMSYSER MICROBIAL LIQUID STABILISER LIQUID a 12 STRAIN pre & Probiotic cocktail with natural digestive enzymes ensuring and assisting in optimal health. Available country-wide and in most pharmacies. www.imsyser.co.za