We are sharing a ‘fat tip’ from the specialist team about the “belly fat” hormone, also known as cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone that your body releases to deal with stress, and unfortunately high levels of cortisol have been linked to increased levels of abdominal fat. What do we do about this:
- Work less and reduce stress!
- Less Alcohol consumption! Alcohol increases cortisol, and together they both increase belly fat.
- Don’t consume caffeine after 6PM – Caffeine can be a double whammy on cortisol levels, especially if consumed at night when it’s very likley to negatively affect the quality of your sleep.
- Get quality, uninterrupted sleep each night is critical to reducing cortisol.
- Take time to “unplug” – A recent Canadian study showed that those who were constantly “plugged in” to technology all throughout the day (TV, smart phones, computers) were significantly more stressed than those who took time to “unplug” during designated time blocks each day. More stress = more belly fat, so if you want a trim belly start planning some device-free time each day.
And, of course, ultimately we need to look at lifestyle & food choices! On this we have shared numerous titbits of information. It is all about reducing metabolic conditions ( inflammation at cellular level) and reducing the body acidity (pH). A new product supplementing folic acid & supporting lost minerals is being launched in conjunction with a weight loss supplement, 100 % Natural designed to support these conditions. For more contact Liza at 086 010 3859.