The new year has started and we are back to our ‘old habits’ or allowing loads of stress into our lives and daily putting ourselves at risk; STRESS IS A KILLER.
Stress levels are the cause of most chronic diseases − including cancer; ‘dis-ease’ actually feeds off stress. The stress hormone, cortisol, actually the “good guy”, designed to optimise Immune functioning and assist in stressed situations can actually in these situations turn on us and become the enemy!! .
Research studies prove that chronic or long-term stress dramatically suppresses your Immune System. Stress also increases production of catecholamines − a hormone that is released by the adrenal glands when you are under physical and emotional stress. This hormone also damages the Immune System. And unfortunately most of us are either already Immune compromised ( and by this I do not mean HIV or any of the BIG 5 but the actual biggie – auto-immune and or nutritionally deplete. Even if you feel your diet is complete the plants are not since the actual depletion lies at soil level allowing for a string of deficiencies not only in humans but animals too and thus ‘dis-ease’ sets in. Look at the latest cancer statistics once again of not only humans but also of our pets/animals too to know the actual risk area we are sliding into.
Negative impacts to the body when it experiences constant stress:
- Triggers the release of histamines making it difficult for asthma sufferers to breathe;
- Changes the acid concentration in the stomach, which can cause peptic and stress ulcers. And this is over and above the overall acidic state of the body which makes us all ‘dis-ease’ prone and hugely at risk for CANCER;
- Increases the risk of diabetes;
- Raises the incidence of mental illness and increase the risk of depression. Emotional stress is a major contributing factor to the six leading causes of death in the world: cancer, coronary heart disease, accidental injuries, respiratory disorders, cirrhosis of the liver, and suicide;
- Increases plaque build-up in the arteries i.e. all heart risks are increased;
Sharing some crucial statistics “The Department of Psychiatry, School of Medical Sciences, at the University of Malaysia discovered that chronic stress prevents the rapid creation of infection fighting T-cells and prevents quick Immune reaction. Over 293 independent studies from 1960 through 2001 confirmed that stress alters Immunity”. So once again it boils down to Immunity and we all know that you are only as healthy as your Immune System.
Cancer stats for women suggest that life events and the accompanying psychological reactions could increase breast cancer risk. Cancer diagnosis occurred within 5 – 7 years of the traumatic life event. A study from the American Psychological Association discovered that there is a link between stress, cancerous tumour development, and a specific type of natural killer white blood cells called NK cells. NK cells are the strongest link to fighting certain types of cancer (liver, kidney, colorectal, and breast). They prevent metastasis and destroy small metastases. Stress suppresses NK-cell activity.
Cancer stats for men as found by Researchers at New York State University in Stony Brook found that men with a high level of stress and a lack of satisfying relationships had an increased risk, nearly 3x higher, of developing prostate cancer. Therefore your psychological state can have a direct impact on cancer.
So what do we do about this??
- REDUCE STRESS by engaging in mindful daily practices such as meditation. Even a brisk 10-minute walk every day can help reduce your blood pressure, elevate your mood, and eliminate anxiety. Spiritually plays a key role in this regard.
- NUTRITION: The most overlooked factor in stress reduction is that it is critical to nourish your body with healing essential fatty acids. Ancient cultures knew that good fats healed, and science is just now beginning to understand the chemo-protective and cancer preventing effects of Essential Fatty Acids. In fact, one of the last populations on earth had dietary habits that remained unchanged for centuries. The native islanders of Kitava in Papau New Guinea were studied extensively in the 80s and 90s in a study known as the Malinowski study. Of the 23,000 people, there was not a single instance of cancer, heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, dementia, or diabetes. In fact, their diet consisted of 30-60% fat. Essential Fatty Acids boosted their Immunity. Since stress suppresses your Immune System, a way to neutralize the surges of cortisol that are running out of control is to combat them with Essential Fatty Acids. Essential Fatty Acids are the polyunsaturated fats, omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and omega-6 (linoleic acid) that your body requires to live but cannot produce on its own. They must be consumed through diet or otherwise supplemented daily.
Essential Fatty Acids produce healthy cell membranes and regulate genetic function. They also normalize growth and development; transport and break down cholesterol & enable proper blood clotting. Essential Fatty acids regulate blood pressure as well as contraction and relaxation of arterial walls; balances hormone activity, metabolic processes, and thyroid function. Essential Fatty acids also ensure reproductive health, maintain liver and kidney function, control inflammation and then most importantly the Immune response. Essential Fatty acids support brain and central nervous system health; promote hair and skin health and assist in balancing mood and behaviour disorders.
The Western diet contains an excessively high amount of cancer causing omega-6 fatty acids and a low amount of cancer preventing omega-3 fatty acids.
Essential fatty acids are critical in the prevention of disease. Thus the result: Western society struggles under the epidemics of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, and dementia.
Supplement if you know you are under-nutritional in these capacities. Imsyser Immune System Stabiliser Tablets has a natural potent supply of the Essential Fatty Acids. A unique source probably the highest recorded Omega supply in the world. Not only is there this supply of Essential Fatty Acids but also a unique whole plant source of all the essential Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids. A classic unique product designed to support Immune health and more specifically Auto-immune health. A truly unique product; one of a kind especially in South Africa.
In fact the other 2 products in this amazing range are also Immune support driven assisting in establishing optimal gut health at the same time, the core centre for Immune cell production. Visit www.imsyser.co.za for more on these amazing products or call IMSYSER at 086 010 3859.