Signs Your Body Is Full OF Toxins ..What to do about this
Modern living means we are constantly surrounded by harmful substances and toxins, even the air we breathe and water we drink is contaminated, and then to top it all we use products containing pesticides, hormones and preservatives and various other ‘poisons’ to our bodies. Our health is under attack and we often do this to ourselves. To counteract its effects we need to cleanse the body in order to restore its proper functions and well-being.
The signs of toxic overload:
- Increased abdominal fat. Excess abdominal fat can indicate that your body is full of toxins, as they impede its ability to regulate glucose levels and metabolize cholesterol. This is a sure indicator of Diabetes / Insulin Resistance as well.
- Skin issues. Excess amounts of toxins in the body can lead to skin issues, like skin inflammation, rosacea, allergies, itchy skin etc. This is due to the efforts of the body to eliminate the toxins in a natural way usually through the skin.
- Poisons present in the body irritate the central nervous system and cause headaches.
- Overheating/body flushes. Too many toxins in the body force the liver to overwork. Therefore, the liver creates extra heat, and as a result, the whole body is overheating.
- Low energy levels. Toxic overload in the body causes constant feelings of exhaustion.
- Congested sinuses. Your sinuses can easily become congested as a result of the contaminated air you breathe. Sinusitis and Allergies are all Auto-immune conditions relating from this congestion and the starter signs of ‘dis-ease’ setting in.
- When toxins accumulate in the tissues, they obstruct the circulation and cause insomnia.
- Problems with the gallbladder. Deposits of toxins in the liver can make the bile heavy and can lead to a clogged gallbladder.
- White or yellow coated tongue. If your tongue has a white or yellow tongue, it is a sign that there are too many toxins in your blood.
What do we do with this info and where do you start?
- Epsom Salt Bath. Epsom salt baths (1/2 to 1cup) are extremely effective in detoxifying the body, as it raises the levels of magnesium, which is especially needed for detoxifying cells. Moreover, it also eliminates the metals and can alleviate the pain in the body. The skin is after all the largest potential detox organ of the body. Do this as often as possible. (And it assists in good sleeping habits!!)
- Drink 2 -3 L good water all throughout the day with huge amounts of lemon juice. Lemon juice is one of the most potent alkalizes and detoxifiers. Furthermore, it triggers the liver’s bile production and stimulates mineral intake as well as absorption. Lemons also activates enzymes in the liver that help the elimination of toxic compounds.
- On waking consume a cup of warm water mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar ( with a touch of honey for taste) to kick start the Immune System and the whole detox process. Expect a good bowel movement usually within half an hour of taking.
- Decide on a week to start a 7 day detox – a deep Intestinal Cleanse – that gently strips the gut of all unwanted toxic mucoid and other waste. This waste will NOT be removed with normal bowel movements or taking products to cause diarrhoea. This routine should be repeated preferably till all waste removed ( this is very visible!) and then repeated every few months. This unique product may be used daily in chronic cases without habit forming effects. View imsyser.co.za for more on this amazing product, Imsyser Deep Intestinal Cleanse.
- Take a daily probiotic to assist in better digestion and improved Immune functioning. Try the Imsyser Microbial Liquid Stabiliser for this ultimate product for the whole family. Also to be viewed at imsyser.co.za
- Take a daily supplement that not only supplies all the essentials ( Vitamins, minerals, Amino Acids and Omegas) for optimal Immune functioning but also does a gentle cellular detox that assists in the stabilising of the Immune System but also rids the waste out of the body at cellular level to assist in prevention of Auto-Immune conditions & symptoms from creeping up on you. This unique product may also be found on imsyser.co.za. One of the only products assisting in most auto-immune conditions, the very sign that the body is battling with toxic overload.
And then last but not least, diet!!! It is always about diet.
A list of detox foods to assist in the process:
Fruits are extremely high in liquid-content, helping the body wash out toxins. They are also very easy to digest and are high in antioxidants, nutrients, fibre and many important vitamins like vitamin C.
- Green Foods:
Blue green algae, barley, wheatgrass, kale, spinach, spirulina, alfalfa, chard, arugula or other organic leafy greens. These plants will help give a chlorophyll-boost to your digestive tract. Or visit the Imsyser website for our ready to use Greenfood products. Chlorophyll rids the body of harmful environmental toxins from smog, heavy metals, herbicides, cleaning products and pesticides. They also aid the liver in detoxification.
- Lemons, Oranges & Limes:
These citrus-wonders aid the body in flushing out toxins, as well as jump-start the digestive tract with enzymatic processes. They also aid the liver in its cleansing processes. To increase detoxification, start each morning with a warm glass of lemon water. Remember, vitamin C is one of the best detox vitamins around, as it transforms toxins into digestible material.
This pungent bulb stimulates the liver in producing detoxification enzymes that help filter out toxic residues in the digestive system. Adding sliced or cooked garlic to any dish, will help aid any detox diet.
- Broccoli Sprouts:
Extremely high in antioxidants, broccoli sprouts can help stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract like none-other. The sprouts are actually more effective than the fully-grown vegetable, despite the picture on the right.
- Green Tea:
Packed full of antioxidants, green tea not only washes toxins out of the system through its liquid content, but also contains a special type of antioxidant called catechins, known to increase liver function.
- Mung Beans:
The mighty mung bean has been used by Ayurvedic doctors for thousands of years. It is incredibly easy to digest, and absorbs toxic residue on the sides of the intestinal walls.
- Raw Vegetable:
Best for juicing detox regimens or eaten raw: Onions, carrots, artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, garlic, beet, turmeric, and oregano. The combination of these foods will help your liver purge toxins during the cleansing process. These are high in naturally occurring sulphur and glutathione. Sulphur helps the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.
- Seeds & Nuts:
Incorporate more of the easily digestible seeds and nuts into your diet. This include flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, Siberian cedar nuts and sunflower seeds. While detoxing, avoid nut butters.
- Omega-3 Oils:
Use hemp, flax-seed, avocado or olive oils while detoxing. This will help lubricate the intestinal walls, allowing the toxins to be absorbed by the oil, and eliminated by the body.
For more info on any of the above or related issues call Liza at 086 010 3859.