Metabolism – Hormone Balancing BY Supporting Thyroid functioning.
Your thyroid is the master metabolism regulator – a inactive thyroid can lead to excess weight, low energy, and a host of other metabolic issues. Poor thyroid function significantly impairs the ability of the body to burn fat and lose weight. This leads many people with low thyroid function, and others for whom weight loss is difficult, to give up on their health and fitness goals. And the slow circle of events leads to despair and ill-health.
There is a common assumption is that a slow thyroid is genetic and that some people are just born with slow metabolisms. However, the way a person lives and the choices they make have huge impact on thyroid health. Very few people even realize that the master key to the thyroid issues originally was an ineffective adrenal gland and or functioning.
And the core to this adrenal malfunctioning was a compromised Immune System from 1 or 2 sources:
- TOXIC overload from all its different sources often running hand in hand with ‘mal-nutrition’. Mal-nutrition NOT meaning not enough to eat so much as POOR nutrition or very little good nutrition. I.e. junk food!!
- Chronic untreated STRESS…and these are both lifestyle issues.
Thyroxine (T4), is a key metabolic hormone released by the thyroid that has a significant effect upon metabolic rate. If there is too much or too little thyroid hormone, the metabolism of your entire body is impacted. Since the thyroid hormones T3 and T4 control cellular metabolism throughout the entire body, when there is not enough of them or the HPA axis signaling is unbalanced, metabolic function slows.
A over stimulated thyroid can lead to anxiety, excess weight loss, restlessnes and sleep disturbances. Both conditions leave you feeling terrible with a tremendous lack of energy. Both are equally important to treat and get to the underlying problem. With every second young girl on eltroxin we have to remind ourselves that something is terribly wrong!!
How to support your thyroid:
- Treat the Underlying Causes
- Identify and treat the underlying causes of hypothyroidism, including food allergies such as dairy and gluten, heavy metals, lack of physical activity, nutritional deficiencies, and stress.
- Eat thyroid friendly foods
- Eating high levels of soy and veggies from the brassica family are known to have negative effects on the thyroid. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and others foods in this family can drastically impair thyroid physiology, so eating balanced amount of these items with other high quality dark leafy greens is the way to go
- Support your thyroid with optimal nutrition, including foods that contain iodine, saturated fat, zinc, omega-3 fats, selenium, and more.
- Reduce Stress
- Support adrenal function (and therefore thyroid function) Reducing overall stress levels and engaging in self-care activities such as walking, spending time with friends and family, meditating, reading, etc.
- Regular moderate exercise not only boosts thyroid function, but also increase lean muscle mass, and helps support adrenal function.
To support Immune functioning and assist good detox routines through effective gut functioning, IMSYSER HEALTH PRODUCTS has the ultimate range designed to support exactly that. All our products are available on the website; simply Or call TODAY: 086 010 3859