Sharing some more natural aids in the good uses of Essential Oils and Children….
Mommies in this day and age where there is so much ‘polution’ even if you are trying your best to avoid the ‘baddies’ it is best to optimise your children health, keep their Immune Systems optimised and trying these natural alternatives to more chemical over-loads such as antibiotics to mention just one!!!
“Using essential oils on your babies and children should feel empowering to you. You are taking your health care into your own hands. You are giving your children something that will not only nourish their growing bodies, but something that will also heal their bodies. Many people have fears about using essential oils on babies and children, but, once again, if you are using certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, and applying them PROPERLY with dilution, then you have nothing to fear.
This culture is more apprehensive to using essential oils than it is to prescribing some synthetic drug to our children. I find that so enraging.
Children and Infants Dilution:
- Older Children: dilute 1-2 drops essential oil in 1/2-1 tsp. of carrier oil.
- Newborns and infants: dilute 1-2 drops in 2 Tbs. of carrier oil.
Common Conditions in Infants and Children:
- Crying: Combine 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil with 1 drop of Roman Chamomile, 1 drop lavender, and 1 drop geranium. Mix and apply to stomach and back.
- Common Cold: Dilute 1-2 drops of thyme or lemon in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and massage on neck and chest. You can also diffuse this blend into the air.
- Constipation: Dilute 1-2 drops of rosemary in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and massage on stomach and feet.
- Flaky Scalp: Combine 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil with 1 drop lemon and 1 drop geranium. Apply a small amount on the head.
- Barking Cough: Diffuse marjoram or thyme into the air. You can, also, dilute 1-2 drops of marjoram or thyme in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and massage on chest and back.
- Diaper Irritation: Combine 1 drop of Roman chamomile and 1 drop of lavender with 1 tsp. of a carrier oil and apply on location.
- Digestion: dilute 1-2 drops of lemon or orange in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and massage a small amount on feet and stomach.
- Dry Skin: Dilute 1-2 drops of sandalwood in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and apply on dry skin.
- Earache: Combine 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil with 2 drops of lavender, 1 drop of Roman chamomile, and 1 drop of melaleuca. Put a drop on a cotton ball or a cotton swab, and apply in ear, behind the ear, and down the neck. You can, also, use Basil and add a drop to a cotton ball and set it in the ear.
- Fever: Dilute 1-2 drops of peppermint in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and massage a small amount on neck, feet, behind ears, and on back. Keep away from eyes.
- Immune boosting: Diffuse cypress and lemon into the air.
- Rashes: dilute 1-2 drops of lavender, Roman chamomile or sandalwood in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and apply on the rash.
- Yeast in Mouth: dilute 1-2 drops of melaleuca in 2 Tbs. of a carrier oil and apply a small amount on location.