Battling with the cold
Most of us are battling with the cold right now. Even to the extent that the bones might ache …and there is nothing more soothing than making a healthy hot bone broth your very best gift to yourself, preferably daily. Good for the bones. Good for soul and Good for the Health! Sharing this fantastic recipe from a friend in the health industry doing health online training and advice. Make, and enjoy…and of course you will feel the difference- collagen boost an added bonus of course!
Let’s go shopping:
- 3 fresh Bay leaves
- 2 gm fresh Thyme
- 2 gm Sage
- 3 large Onions, cut into squares
- 3 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 3 fresh Carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pink Himalaya Salt
- 125ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1,5kg – 2kg Roasted Beef Bones (such as marrow bones, shin bones or oxtail bones)
PS you can do this with chicken and even fish!!
Incredibly Healthy and Super Nutritional!
Ready Steady Go
Easy to follow Steps:
1. Make a bouquet garni by placing the herbs in the centre of a small, clean muslin cloth. Tie it into a pouch with string.
2. Place roasted bones in a pot with
vegetables, peppercorns, Himalaya salt and the bouquet garni.
3. Add 2,5 litre water to the pot along with Apple Cider Vinegar.
4. Bring to boil, then simmer for up to
*48 hours, refilling the pot with water
when necessary. Remove any scum that rises to the surface by skimming it off with a slotted spoon.
* Note:If you use an electric pressure cooker, it cooks for 6 hours on the slow cooking setting. Top up with boiling water every 2 hours.
* It is safest and best to cook it on the low setting in a slow cooker/pressure cooker, rather than on a stove.
5. Drain the Broth through a fine sieve set over a bowl, allow to cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy.
6. You can freeze it in small portions and defrost as you need it. Warm-up quickly in a small pot on the stove (do not microwave as the radiation is unhealthy.
You have not only ‘fed’ your gut but warmed the body with one of the healthiest ‘meals’ for any hit discrepancy going forward. Add a daily probiotic and you have literally covered it all:
At Imsyser Health we realize at the core of all your health issues is a potential gut issue and this is one of our speciality areas knowing that out of all of this a healthy Immunity remains core.
Simply call 086 010 3859 or click here: