- Fights against allergies. Many individuals say that using raw honey has helped lessen their allergy symptoms. Strengthens immunity.
- Improves digestion. It contains digestive enzymes that can help break down food more easily, which strengthens the digestive system and fights against digestive-related illnesses.
- Helps relieve cough. Is potent with anti-bacterial properties and other anti-inflammatory compounds that may help soothe upper respiratory infections.
- Soothes skin. Raw honey can help relieve skin irritations, as well as improve skin moisture, promote wound healing and encourage a youthful glow.
- Enhances brain functions. Before going to bed eat honey it helps reduce stress hormones and produce more melatonin. It’s known to aid with sleep as well as being an important hormone in learning improvement.
Starting fresh… with a Chaya-Honey smoothie
- 1 Cup Fresh pineapple chopped
- 1 cup fresh orange juice preferably homemade
- 1 cup Chaya leaves crushed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubes of ice
- pineapple chunks
- orange juice
Divide the ice cubes into four glasses and pour in the Pineapple-orange-chaya agua fresca. Stir, taste to check if it needs some honey and serves.
- If you can”t find Chaya leaves, use spinach or baby kale.