All Brain Health Starts in Your Gut….
Your gut and brain are connected via the gut-brain axis and are in constant communication with the result that if your digestion & absorption within the gut is dysfunctional, your thinking and moods will be affected too. 80% of your Immune System is located in your gut. 95% of your serotonin is made in your gut. So, for this very reason we need to take good care of our gut health to secure effective long-term brain health. All these conditions and afflictions will affect your brain health:
As a result of auto-immunity issues small scarring results in the lining of the gut. Were this not an issue we would not see the resultant rise in gut issues and resultant brain health discrepancies. These ‘leaks’ serve as loss of nutritional potential and increased micro-toxicity affecting not only all body health but more specifically brain health.
- Yeast infections and fungal excessive overgrowth may cause an imbalance of flora throughout the body. Although Candida in controlled amounts is classically present in most human gut it’s compromised and proliferous growth has resulted in numerous auto-immune conditions. The yeast and fungus produce toxins that cause inflammation of the small intestine, also adding to the leading to the leaky gut scenario. And classically this is one of the hardest conditions to manage especially in the more hardy cases where there is excessive overgrowth and as is often spread between husband and wives unknowingly.
- Causes of stress are of numerous causes – emotional stress, thyroid issues, adrenal fatigue, high cortisol and high oestrogen levels. Between all or some of these causes you will always find a compromised gut and therefore compromised brain health and literally vice versa.
- Toxicity might take a while to manifest but usually when defined as causal to many modern-day diseases, was literally present as a lifestyle issue many many years prior. Classically auto-immunity used to be characterized by skin conditions; liver and gall bladder disease, cancers and simple allergy related manifestations; other than lack of energy and or various gut discrepancies. But more recently the larger emphasis is on brain health, anything from depression to Alzheimer’s has now been closely linked to toxicity.
- Gastric discomfort
- People with a ‘gastric’ issues may suffer from bloating, acid reflex and gas but may even be seen as soon as after birth when the mother culture as passed on to the baby is not sufficient to overcome the initial introduction to some of the bad bacteria and may result in the classic ‘colic’ a simple form of bloating and discomfort. If you just observe the childhood obesity statistics including bloating we have to realize there is a huge pending health risk which will in time also affect the health of the individuals brain be it short or long-term.
- Immune related inflammatory responses :
- Sufferers of inflammatory bowel disease and IBS are most likely to have the related inflammatory brain responses and this can clearly be seen in Diabetes 3 cases. More attention will surely be brought into the light in future as regards this Diabetes of the brain. The same rules apply as far as it being an inflammatory response related to auto-immunity and puts the brain hugely at risk.
So pretty much most brain health is affected by gut health and looking after your gut health to the best of your ability remains core. This is the specialty area for the Imsyser health team – from detoxing to Immune support especially through effective gut heath to ensure you are not put at risk for either gut, body or brain ‘dis-eases’. Simply call +27 (0) 86 010 3859