Drink More Water!! Weight-loss? More Water!!
Imsyser tip of the Week
Don’t ever underestimate the power of water to change your life, your health and you weight! The human body is composed of mostly water. Water is required for survival:
- Water helps regulate metabolism and control appetite.
- Water improves cognitive functioning.
- Water helps regulate body temperature.
- Water lubricates joints.
- Water helps prevent chronic fatigue and depression.
- Water keeps our lungs moistened so we can breathe.
- Water helps prevent asthma.
- Water increases energy levels. If you are tired during the day, it is probably because you are dehydrated.
- Water can decrease the risk of some cancers, including colon, prostate, bladder, and breast cancer.
- Water prevents and alleviates headaches.
- Water keeps the skin moisturized.
- Water flushes out toxins.
- Water aids in the digestive process and prevents constipation.
- Water is necessary for circulation.
As you will see these are not only health maintenance issues but also directly relate to Weight-loss issues!!
There are lots of guidelines out there regarding how much water you should drink daily. The truth is that the best way to gauge how much water you need is to listen to your body. If you respect your body and make it a point to be in tune with its needs, you will consume enough water. Your urine colour can help you decide if you need to drink water. If your urine is a dark yellow, you are most likely not drinking enough. If you urinate infrequently, the same may be true. Urine will be a very pale yellow, or even white, if you are consuming enough water. If you are thirsty or participating in sporting activities, pick water as your first beverage choice. Stay clear of sports drinks, juices, sodas, and sweetened drinks of any kind. They will only dehydrate you more.
Drink a large glass of water, with lemon, first thing in the morning and thirty minutes before each meal. Keep a BPA-free, reusable water bottle with you during the day, and get into the habit of drinking water instead of other beverages. I prefer glass bottle but this is not always possible! Keep in mind no water with your meal as this dilutes the crucially important digestive juices and negates to a large extent this part of the health equation.
Time and time again I have seen the value in my own life on taking enough water regularly as weight management option and it always pays!! Up your nutritional input with a good ‘sole’ saturated solution you can make at home with your Himalayan Salts. For more of this call the Imsyser offices: Tel: 086 010 3859 or click here: